- Homegrown double petal type butterfly pea flower
- Other names:Clitoria Ternatea/Bunga Telang/Blue Pea Vine Flower
- Nett weight of dry butterfly pea flower: 50g
- Blue colouration: full of anthocyaninantioxidants
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Controls diabetic sugar level
- Fights against inflammation
- Induce brain health
- Increase body vitality
- 100% organically grown
- Contact seller directly for wholesale pricing
Butterfly-pea flower teais drank asa caffeine-free herbal tea, or tisane, beverage made from a decoction or infusion of the flowers of the Clitoria Ternatae plant. The ternateais also known as butterfly-pea, blue-pea, Aprajita, Cordofan pea or Asian pigeonwings.
It's found in most part of South East Asian countries and thus has been brewed for centuries but only recently been introduced to tea drinkers outside the indigenous area. Butterfly pea flower tea is used as a healing herbs because of the many medicinal properties it has and is also used as a dye for centuries by extracting the deep blue color of the petals. The tea liquid changes color based on the pH level of the substance added to it, for instance, adding lemon juice to the tea will turn it purple.