Brazil Nut USA (150gram) Premium / No MSG / No Preservative / Roast Daily / Freshness Guaranteed / Healthy Snack
|Size (L x W x H)||20 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm|
- Selenium is a mineral that acts as an antioxidant. Though it’s used for a number of bodily functions, you only need to obtain small amounts of it through your diet.
- A one-ounce (28-gram) serving of Brazil nuts will provide you with more than 100% of the RDI for selenium.
- Selenium deficiency is rare and usually only occurs in certain disease states.
- For example, one study found that people undergoing hemodialysis for kidney disease were selenium deficient.
- When these people ate just one Brazil nut a day for three months, their blood selenium levels returned to normal, and the nuts had an antioxidant effect in their blood.
- Brazil nuts can also reduce cholesterol levels. What’s more, they may reduce oxidative stress and improve the function of blood vessels in obese teenagers.
- Finally, Brazil nuts may reduce inflammation in both healthy people and those undergoing hemodialysis.